DARLINGTON, Wis. - A judge says the jury for the trial of Armin Wand will be selected outside Lafayette County and the Dane County media market.
Judge Thomas Vale made the decision in court this week after a defense motion citing media coverage of the case. Vale also decided to the jury should be sequestered.
Wand's trial is scheduled for Feb. 25 through March 1.
Prosecutors allege Wand, and his brother Jeremy Wand, set Armin Wand's Argyle home on fire Sept. 7 in an effort to kill Armin Wand's family to collect on insurance money that didn't exist.
Prosecutors said Jeremy Wand conspired with his brother on setting the fatal fire for the promise of $300.
Armin Wand's three sons were killed in the fire. His pregnant wife managed to rescue their 2-year-old daughter but suffered serious injuries that killed her unborn child.
The two men will be tried separately.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK