LAKE MILLS, Wis. - A Lake Mills company is being fined for exposing workers to airborne hazards.
Fiberdome Inc. has to pay a $49,500 fine, according to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
An investigation that started this spring found workers at the fiberglass manufacturing plant were exposed to styrene, a chemical used to make plastics and rubber.
The investigation started after workers reported respiratory issues because of chemical exposure.
OSHA found seven serious violations, saying the company failed to provide workers with respiratory protection, did not require workers to use appropriate hand protection when dealing with chemicals, and did not safely or properly label containers with chemicals.
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Stoughton man faces felony 7th OWI