MADISON, Wis. - Local retailers are counting on area shoppers to get them through the holiday season.
Dane Buy Local is promoting the Think Local First Campaign during Small Business Saturday, the national shopping effort this weekend to urge shoppers to check out what area stores have to offer.
Officials said 70 percent of money spent at area shops stays in the community.
"This is good for the economy. It builds a strong base here in Dane County and beyond south central Wisconsin," Colin Murray, president of Dane Buy Local, said.
Dane Buy Local is one of the largest local shopping groups in the country.
- Garrison Keillor coming to Breese Stevens Field
- Gun pointed at driver during road rage incident, deputies say
- Wisconsin family rescued from wave that throws them into tide pool
- New Zealand: Janesville doctor must pay for deadly crash
- Police: Crash leads to fourth OWI arrest
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street