MADISON, Wis. - Local retailers are counting on area shoppers to get them through the holiday season.
Dane Buy Local is promoting the Think Local First Campaign during Small Business Saturday, the national shopping effort this weekend to urge shoppers to check out what area stores have to offer.
Officials said 70 percent of money spent at area shops stays in the community.
"This is good for the economy. It builds a strong base here in Dane County and beyond south central Wisconsin," Colin Murray, president of Dane Buy Local, said.
Dane Buy Local is one of the largest local shopping groups in the country.
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees