MADISON, Wis. - One person has died following a crash between a car and a motorcycle near Cottage Grove, according to the Wisconsin State Patrol.
The incident happened around 9:20 p.m. Thursday on westbound Interstate 94 at mile marker 245.
According to the State Patrol, a motorcycle traveling at a high rate of speed crashed into the back of an SUV in the right lane of I-94.
The driver of the motorcycle was thrown from his bike and died from his injuries. He was not wearing a helmet at the time, according to the State Patrol.
- Community supports boy fighting for his life
- Neighborhood initiative aims to diminish crime on Madison's east side
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program