FULTON TOWNSHIP, Wis. - A motorcycle accident in Rock County Thursday has left a rural Janesville man battling life-threatening injuries, according to the Rock County Sheriff's Department.
The incident happened just after 9 p.m. Thursday on County Highway M west of N. Kidder Road in Fulton Township, about 3 miles west of Milton.
According to sheriff's officials, Bart Schmidt, 49, failed to negotiate a big curve in the road when he was going westbound on M.
Deputies found Schmidt lying on the edge of the highway suffering from severe head and facial injuries.
Schmidt was taken to Mercy Hospital in Janesville. Deputies said Schmidt was not wearing a helmet at the time of the crash, and speed and alcohol were contributing factors in the accident. Schmidt was arrested for operating a motor vehicle while under the influence.
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Stoughton man faces felony 7th OWI
- Highway 151 closed near Blue Mounds due to semi vs. car crash
- Police, medical examiner respond to suspicious death
- Construction continues on Capitol Square; new traffic pattern starts May 1