FULTON TOWNSHIP, Wis. - A motorcycle accident in Rock County Thursday has left a rural Janesville man battling life-threatening injuries, according to the Rock County Sheriff's Department.
The incident happened just after 9 p.m. Thursday on County Highway M west of N. Kidder Road in Fulton Township, about 3 miles west of Milton.
According to sheriff's officials, Bart Schmidt, 49, failed to negotiate a big curve in the road when he was going westbound on M.
Deputies found Schmidt lying on the edge of the highway suffering from severe head and facial injuries.
Schmidt was taken to Mercy Hospital in Janesville. Deputies said Schmidt was not wearing a helmet at the time of the crash, and speed and alcohol were contributing factors in the accident. Schmidt was arrested for operating a motor vehicle while under the influence.
- Garrison Keillor coming to Breese Stevens Field
- Gun pointed at driver during road rage incident, deputies say
- Wisconsin family rescued from wave that throws them into tide pool
- New Zealand: Janesville doctor must pay for deadly crash
- Police: Crash leads to 4th OWI arrest
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street