FULTON TOWNSHIP, Wis. - A motorcycle accident in Rock County Thursday has left a rural Janesville man battling life-threatening injuries, according to the Rock County Sheriff's Department.
The incident happened just after 9 p.m. Thursday on County Highway M west of N. Kidder Road in Fulton Township, about 3 miles west of Milton.
According to sheriff's officials, Bart Schmidt, 49, failed to negotiate a big curve in the road when he was going westbound on M.
Deputies found Schmidt lying on the edge of the highway suffering from severe head and facial injuries.
Schmidt was taken to Mercy Hospital in Janesville. Deputies said Schmidt was not wearing a helmet at the time of the crash, and speed and alcohol were contributing factors in the accident. Schmidt was arrested for operating a motor vehicle while under the influence.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire