BELOIT, Wis. - One man is dead, and another man had to be treated for injuries following a homicide early Thursday morning in Beloit.
Police responded to a report of shots fired in the 1400 block of Hull Avenue around 12:45 a.m. Thursday.
When police arrived, they found two people who had suffered gunshot wounds. Jeffrey Hardnett, 25, of Beloit suffered multiple gunshot wounds and was pronounced dead when he arrived at Beloit Memorial Hospital.
A second man, Darius Kilgore, 26, of Beloit, suffered a single gunshot wound to the upper chest/shoulder area. He was treated and released at the hospital. Immediately after being released, he was arrested and charged with a probation violation and possessing cocaine.
Police found multiple spent shell casings at the site of the shooting and will continue their investigation Thursday.26115518
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land