BELOIT, Wis. - One man is dead, and another man had to be treated for injuries following a homicide early Thursday morning in Beloit.
Police responded to a report of shots fired in the 1400 block of Hull Avenue around 12:45 a.m. Thursday.
When police arrived, they found two people who had suffered gunshot wounds. Jeffrey Hardnett, 25, of Beloit suffered multiple gunshot wounds and was pronounced dead when he arrived at Beloit Memorial Hospital.
A second man, Darius Kilgore, 26, of Beloit, suffered a single gunshot wound to the upper chest/shoulder area. He was treated and released at the hospital. Immediately after being released, he was arrested and charged with a probation violation and possessing cocaine.
Police found multiple spent shell casings at the site of the shooting and will continue their investigation Thursday.26115518
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK