MADISON, Wis. - A Poynette man was killed when his truck overturned into a ditch in Columbia County early Saturday morning, according to the Columbia County Sheriff's Department.
Deputies were called to County Road CS west of Poynette at 3:01 a.m. for a report of a one-vehicle rollover crash. They found an overturned truck about 30 feet off the south side of the road.
Investigators said the truck was traveling west when it went into the north ditch, overcorrected and overturned in the south ditch.
Scott Schumann, 39, of Poynette, was pronounced dead at the scene. Deputies said he was not wearing a seat belt and alcohol appeared to be a factor in the crash.
- Sun Prairie looks to revamp main corridor
- Zoo euthanizes polar bear that used to be in Madison
- Driver involved in crash suspected of heroin use
- Two people shot at while in car on Madison's east side
- Dick's Sporting Goods windows smashed, teen arrested
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them