TOWN OF TRENTON, Wis. - One person is dead and three others are injured after a crash involving a semitrailer and a car in Dodge County Sunday afternoon, officials said.
Dodge County crews responded to Highway 68 between Buckhorn Road and Highway F in the town of Trenton around 1:22 p.m., according to a release.
Investigators said a car driven by Jesse T. Pickett, 29, of Mensha, was traveling east on Highway 68 when it crossed the center line on a curve and collided with a semitrailer hauling haylage. The semitrailer entered a farm field and was destroyed by fire. The driver, Dale Walker, 56, of Beaver Dam, escaped safely.
Pickett was pronounced dead at the scene.
A woman in the car, Misty Pickett, 30, of Menasha, is in serious/critical condition. A 3-year-old and 4-year-old passenger suffered non-life-threatening injuries.
The Waupun Fire Department, Lifestar EMS, Beaver Dam Paramedics, Fox Lake EMS and Fire Department and Dodge County sheriff chaplain assisted at the scene.
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Police questioning suspect in Middleton homicide
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two