WATTERSTOWN TOWNSHIP, Wis. - A Muscoda man is dead after a single-vehicle crash in Grant County, according to the Grant County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were dispatched to Highway 133 between Boscobel and Blue River, east of Kinney Lane, at 7:20 a.m. Friday when motorists reported a car in the ditch.
Investigators said the truck driven by Melvin L. Poole, 62, was eastbound on Highway 133 when it went into the ditch and struck a tree. Poole was dead when deputies arrived at the scene.
Neither alcohol nor speed appear to be factors in the crash and investigators said Poole was wearing his seat belt and the airbag had deployed.
The crash is under investigation by the Wisconsin State Patrol.
- One person dead after bizarre incident on I-94
- Madison officer who shot at Metro Market killer awarded
- Edgerton man calls for action over medical billing problem
- Coalition calls on city to immediately fund 15-point violence prevention plan
- Sherrif's department investigates sexting scandal involving local high school students
- Impaired driving police operation nets in multiple arrests, 2 guns seized