WATTERSTOWN TOWNSHIP, Wis. - A Muscoda man is dead after a single-vehicle crash in Grant County, according to the Grant County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were dispatched to Highway 133 between Boscobel and Blue River, east of Kinney Lane, at 7:20 a.m. Friday when motorists reported a car in the ditch.
Investigators said the truck driven by Melvin L. Poole, 62, was eastbound on Highway 133 when it went into the ditch and struck a tree. Poole was dead when deputies arrived at the scene.
Neither alcohol nor speed appear to be factors in the crash and investigators said Poole was wearing his seat belt and the airbag had deployed.
The crash is under investigation by the Wisconsin State Patrol.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK