WATTERSTOWN TOWNSHIP, Wis. - A Muscoda man is dead after a single-vehicle crash in Grant County, according to the Grant County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were dispatched to Highway 133 between Boscobel and Blue River, east of Kinney Lane, at 7:20 a.m. Friday when motorists reported a car in the ditch.
Investigators said the truck driven by Melvin L. Poole, 62, was eastbound on Highway 133 when it went into the ditch and struck a tree. Poole was dead when deputies arrived at the scene.
Neither alcohol nor speed appear to be factors in the crash and investigators said Poole was wearing his seat belt and the airbag had deployed.
The crash is under investigation by the Wisconsin State Patrol.
- Janesville family displaced after house fire
- Shooting on Madison's east side leave four injured, Koval concerned
- Wholesome Wave grant helps Madison residents access healthy food
- Firefighters investigating cause of McFarland fire
- Milwaukee police seek driver after fatal hit-and-run
- 2 confirmed dead after house fire in northeast Wisconsin