WATTERSTOWN TOWNSHIP, Wis. - A Muscoda man is dead after a single-vehicle crash in Grant County, according to the Grant County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were dispatched to Highway 133 between Boscobel and Blue River, east of Kinney Lane, at 7:20 a.m. Friday when motorists reported a car in the ditch.
Investigators said the truck driven by Melvin L. Poole, 62, was eastbound on Highway 133 when it went into the ditch and struck a tree. Poole was dead when deputies arrived at the scene.
Neither alcohol nor speed appear to be factors in the crash and investigators said Poole was wearing his seat belt and the airbag had deployed.
The crash is under investigation by the Wisconsin State Patrol.
- Officer injured when OWI driver strikes squad car, police say
- 5th person dies from Didion Milling explosion injuries
- Attorneys to meet Monday on youth prison plan after judge orders changes
- UWPD K9 Casey retires after 10 years of service
- Analysis finds lead in 1 in 5 baby food samples
- First alert traffic: NB interstate backed up 12 miles; Drivers delayed 75 minutes