WATTERSTOWN TOWNSHIP, Wis. - A Muscoda man is dead after a single-vehicle crash in Grant County, according to the Grant County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were dispatched to Highway 133 between Boscobel and Blue River, east of Kinney Lane, at 7:20 a.m. Friday when motorists reported a car in the ditch.
Investigators said the truck driven by Melvin L. Poole, 62, was eastbound on Highway 133 when it went into the ditch and struck a tree. Poole was dead when deputies arrived at the scene.
Neither alcohol nor speed appear to be factors in the crash and investigators said Poole was wearing his seat belt and the airbag had deployed.
The crash is under investigation by the Wisconsin State Patrol.
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land
- Victims chase suspected burglars with shovel
- Wisconsin school advocates pushing for more money
- Research indicates correct breast examination techniques are widely misunderstood
- Shell casings found downtown after shots fired call