WAUKESHA, Wis. - Omnicare Inc. plans to close a facility in Waukesha and eliminate 78 jobs there.
The Cincinnati company notified the Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development that the job losses include 61 hourly and 17 salaried positions.
Omnicare said it expects to begin eliminating those jobs on Feb. 22 and will continue until the closure is completed in March.
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported the company said the closure was prompted by the consolidation of the Waukesha operations with a location in Milwaukee.
Omnicare dispenses drugs to long-term care providers like hospitals and nursing homes.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land