WAUKESHA, Wis. - Omnicare Inc. plans to close a facility in Waukesha and eliminate 78 jobs there.
The Cincinnati company notified the Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development that the job losses include 61 hourly and 17 salaried positions.
Omnicare said it expects to begin eliminating those jobs on Feb. 22 and will continue until the closure is completed in March.
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported the company said the closure was prompted by the consolidation of the Waukesha operations with a location in Milwaukee.
Omnicare dispenses drugs to long-term care providers like hospitals and nursing homes.
- Baldwin encourages U.S. Dept. of Agriculture secretary to Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in state
- Food delivery drivers targeted in Madison robberies, police say
- Fire marshal called to 2 fires in Jefferson County
- Witness: Man points gun at kids playing basketball
- License plate left behind at hit-and-run scene IDs driver, police say