WAUKESHA, Wis. - Omnicare Inc. plans to close a facility in Waukesha and eliminate 78 jobs there.
The Cincinnati company notified the Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development that the job losses include 61 hourly and 17 salaried positions.
Omnicare said it expects to begin eliminating those jobs on Feb. 22 and will continue until the closure is completed in March.
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported the company said the closure was prompted by the consolidation of the Waukesha operations with a location in Milwaukee.
Omnicare dispenses drugs to long-term care providers like hospitals and nursing homes.
- UW-Madison chosen to test autonomous vehicles
- Woman pinned in van after crash with ambulance on Hwy. 12
- Increase in garage burglaries reported in Sun Prairie
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child in Wis. arrested in NY
- Two men charged with armed robbery in Monroe
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter