WAUKESHA, Wis. - Omnicare Inc. plans to close a facility in Waukesha and eliminate 78 jobs there.
The Cincinnati company notified the Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development that the job losses include 61 hourly and 17 salaried positions.
Omnicare said it expects to begin eliminating those jobs on Feb. 22 and will continue until the closure is completed in March.
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported the company said the closure was prompted by the consolidation of the Waukesha operations with a location in Milwaukee.
Omnicare dispenses drugs to long-term care providers like hospitals and nursing homes.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns