MADISON, Wis. - A DeForest woman was cited for operating while suspended for the 30th time during a traffic stop Tuesday morning, according to a release from the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies said Leanna L. Norton, 24, passed a traffic team deputy going southbound on Reiner Road in the town of Burke at about 8:30 a.m. The deputy made a traffic stop, and found that Norton's license was suspended.
It's her 30th citation since 2011.
"An individual like this who has no regard for the rules of the road probably isn't following the speed limits or any of the other rules of the road," Dane County Sheriff Dave Mahoney said. "And that concerns our traffic team who is charged with ensuring our roads are safe."
Norton has paid all of the past fines and is eligible to get her driver's license reinstated on July 17, after paying a reinstatement fee, according to the release.
Norton was also cited for no insurance.
The fine for operating while suspended is $200.50 and three points.
- Trump, Walker discuss dairy dispute in Wisconsin
- 6-year-old watching TV nearly struck by bullet, Madison police say
- Man injured in gunfire incident at Verona Road gas station
- Student stabbed, seriously wounded at Kenosha high school
- Sauk County man wins $53,000 lottery prize
- Bullets hit 2 apartment buildings, police say