WAUSAU, Wis. - Authorities are working to identify human remains found in Taylor County.
The Wausau Daily Herald reported that Lincoln County officials were notified of the discovery of the remains on Friday. Details about the remains, including the possible age and gender, were not revealed.
Lincoln County currently has three open missing persons cases.
The Wisconsin State Crime Lab and Wisconsin Department of Criminal Investigation were helping to identify the remains.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire