WAUSAU, Wis. - Authorities are working to identify human remains found in Taylor County.
The Wausau Daily Herald reported that Lincoln County officials were notified of the discovery of the remains on Friday. Details about the remains, including the possible age and gender, were not revealed.
Lincoln County currently has three open missing persons cases.
The Wisconsin State Crime Lab and Wisconsin Department of Criminal Investigation were helping to identify the remains.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say