New tips are sought in the case of a woman who was abducted and found dead in 1982.
The Walworth County Sheriff's Office is working with the Dane County Sheriff's Office on the case of Barbara Nelson, 34, who was abducted from her place of work, Mini Stop-N-Shop, in the town of Albion in Dane County on Aug. 5, 1982. Investigators believe she was killed the following day. Her body was found on Aug. 10 in a cornfield on Bray Road, about three miles east of Elkhorn, in Walworth County.
Witnesses described seeing an older blue or green pickup truck that could be a 1961 Studebaker, according to investigators.
Officials are asking to talk to anyone who knows of someone who, in 1982, owned or had access to a truck matching the description.
Those with information can contact the Dane or Walworth county sheriff's office. Anyone wishing to remain anonymous can text "CRIMES" (274637) then begin your message with tip4wc followed by your tip, call 262-723-2677 or submit a tip here.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls