MADISON, Wis. - Dane County officials are looking for an inmate that has been declared AWOL from the Dane County Jail, according to a release.
Nathaniel A. Showers, 26, was released from the Ferris Center on Tuesday morning to attend classes at the MATC Truax campus and was scheduled to return by 4:30 p.m., officials said.
Officials said as of 5 p.m., Showers had not returned and was declared AWOL.
Showers is serving a six-month probation sentence for bail jumping and was sentenced with release privileges, according to the release.
Showers is described as 5 feet 7 inches and weighs approximately 160 pounds. He was last seen wearing tan pants and a white T-shirt.
Officials ask anyone with information on his whereabouts to call 911.
- Pedestrian killed in Walworth County crash
- Thousands participate in Madison March for Science
- Friends, family send off 85 National Guard members
- Body pulled out of Kinnickinnic River in Milwaukee
- Signs go up in Racine marking Frank Lloyd Wright Trail
- DNR: Alcohol may be involved in Lake Wisconsin boat crash