TOWN OF MADISON, Wis. - One driver died and the other was injured in a head-on crash on the Beltline early Saturday, police said.
Town of Madison police said officers and Dane County sheriff's deputies responded at 1:42 a.m. to a report of a crash on the eastbound Beltline near Todd Drive.
Witnesses told police a car was headed the wrong way on the east Beltline and hit a semi tractor-trailer head-on.
When first responders arrived, they found the driver of the car, 40-year-old Timoteo Lopez-Bacilio, of Madison, dead, according to the report. The driver of the semi-tractor was taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
The Dane County Medical Examiner said Lopez-Bacilio died as a result of injuries from the crash.
The Beltline between Verona Road and Fish Hatchery Road was closed for about 4 hours as officials investigated the crash.
- Thanks, Fido! Barking dog alerts owners to burglar, police say
- Appeals court hearing arguments in Wisconsin voting cases
- Officials ID teen driver suspected of drug use in fatal wreck
- Court: Milwaukee Co. Sheriff exempt from releasing immigration records
- Uniforms coming to Milwaukee schools
- Messy weather closes schools in southern Wisconsin