TOWN OF CLYMAN, Wis. - A 77-year-old woman is dead after a single-vehicle crash on Highway M in Dodge County Sunday morning, according to a release.
Crews responded to a crash on Highway M near Highway J in the town of Clyman around 9 a.m., officials said.
Investigators said a Chevrolet Impala was northbound on Highway M when the driver, John Wellman, 77, of Jefferson, lost control on the snow-covered, slippery roads and slid off the road. The vehicle then hit the railroad signal gate crossing just south of Highway J.
John Wellman suffered non-life-threatening injuries and was transported to Watertown Hospital, according to the release. The passenger, Helen Wellmann, 77, of Jefferson, was transported by Flight for Life to Aurora Medical Center in Summit, and was pronounced dead in the emergency room.Highway M just south of Highway J, Dodge County
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says