BARABOO, Wis. - Two people have been displaced by a Sunday morning house fire that officials said was caused by electrical wires.
Baraboo emergency crews were sent to 227 Ninth Street around 6:45 a.m. for reports of smoke coming from the roof of a house, according to a release.
The fire chief could see moderate smoke coming from the roof of the single-story, single-family home when he got there, officials said. Crews extinguished the fire from outside and inside the house.
The fire caused extensive damage to the roof and moderate damage and water damage to the main level of the home, according to the release.
The two homeowners were displaced in the fire, officials said.
Investigators said the fire originated in the rear roof area of the home.
According to the release, the cause of the fire was arcing wires inside of the metal conduit where the home's electrical service enters the structure. The arcing wires caused a hole in the metal conduit, allowing the fire to start in the attic, investigators said.
No one was injured in the fire, officials said.
- DHS: Wisconsinites hit hard by flu bug this year
- Powerball jackpot hits more than $403 million
- Woman parks in downtown Madison, returns to find car on fire
- Officials: Impaired driver struck multiple cars, arrested for 4th OWI
- Kentucky shooting suspect thought to be headed to Wis. now in custody
- GOP leader Fitzgerald introduces bill to relax well regulations