SHOREWOOD HILLS, Wis. - A Shorewood Hills police officer had a bullet go through his hand while he was cleaning an off-duty gun at the police department Thursday night.
Shorewood Hills Police Chief Dennis Pine says the gun accidentially came out of the hand of Sgt. Cory Denzer. The bullet went through his hand and into a cabinet.
Denzer was taken to University of Wisconsin Hospital, was treated and released. He might need surgery in the future.
Pine said Denzer didn't realize there was a bullet in the chamber. He said no disciplinary action is expected.
Denzer has been with Shorewood Hills police for 15 years.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns