MILWAUKEE - The officer injured in a stabbing to his neck in a state office building in Milwaukee is in stable condition and recuperating, according to state officials.
Stephanie Marquis is a spokeswoman for the state Department of Administration, which oversees the Capitol Police. She said two Capitol officers responded to a duress alarm in the state office building in Milwaukee Wednesday afternoon. The officers were confronted by a man who stabbed one of them in the neck twice before fleeing.
Marquis said officer Greg Fribergh was taken to a hospital and is in stable condition.
A 25-year-old West Allis man is in custody after a search Wednesday. Milwaukee police announced the arrest Wednesday night but provided no details.
Milwaukee police have taken the lead in the investigation.
- State at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- 15-year-old girl shot with BB gun at Elver Park
- Missing girl found in Fort Atkinson man's home; man faces federal kidnapping charges
- 2 seen fleeing scene of gunfire, crash, police say
- Prosecutor: Deputy was justified in shooting
- Man beaten, robbed outside apartment, police say