PRAIRIE DU CHIEN, Wis. - A police officer interrupted the burglary of a hamburger stand, according to a release from Prairie du Chien police.
Police said the officer noticed the lights on inside Pete's Hamburger Stand at 2:14 a.m. on Friday and then found a window on the building had been forced open and heard someone inside.
The officer asked the man inside the business to come out, but he refused, police said. Additional officers were called to the scene and were able to arrest Damien Prew, 25, of Wauzeka, on suspicion of burglary.
Police said Prew was drunk and they found cash and coupons in his pockets.26634442
- East side Walgreens robbed at gunpoint Sunday
- New emergency equipment aids obese patients in Wisconsin
- Facebook CEO Zuckerberg visits Madison Sunday
- Wisconsin, U.S. used flawed hair evidence to convict innocent people
- Shredfest helps protect more than 1,100 people's identities
- 'Life goes on': Production ends at Oscar Mayer plant