PRAIRIE DU CHIEN, Wis. - A police officer interrupted the burglary of a hamburger stand, according to a release from Prairie du Chien police.
Police said the officer noticed the lights on inside Pete's Hamburger Stand at 2:14 a.m. on Friday and then found a window on the building had been forced open and heard someone inside.
The officer asked the man inside the business to come out, but he refused, police said. Additional officers were called to the scene and were able to arrest Damien Prew, 25, of Wauzeka, on suspicion of burglary.
Police said Prew was drunk and they found cash and coupons in his pockets.26634442
- Coroner: Marquette County hunter dies of gunshot wound; officials investigate
- City of Madison asks for feedback on proposed ID program
- Three hunters shoot themselves on Wisconsin gun deer opener
- Ravens force 5 TOs, rout struggling Packers 23-0
- Town of Middleton barn fire closes Pioneer Road
- Waupun police seek information about missing, endangered man