PRAIRIE DU CHIEN, Wis. - A police officer interrupted the burglary of a hamburger stand, according to a release from Prairie du Chien police.
Police said the officer noticed the lights on inside Pete's Hamburger Stand at 2:14 a.m. on Friday and then found a window on the building had been forced open and heard someone inside.
The officer asked the man inside the business to come out, but he refused, police said. Additional officers were called to the scene and were able to arrest Damien Prew, 25, of Wauzeka, on suspicion of burglary.
Police said Prew was drunk and they found cash and coupons in his pockets.26634442
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial