MADISON, Wis. -
A second officer then used an electronic control device to subdue the man, according to the report.
During the fight, the suspect's girlfriend grabbed the second officer's belt multiple times. They were both arrested after the incident.
While the incident was happening the large surrounding crowd surged at the officers who were forced to use pepper spray to disperse the crowd.
Travis B. Heffel, 32 of Fitchburg, was arrested for battery to law enforcement officers and resisting. Amanda M. Havens, 22 of Madison, was arrested for attempting to disarm a peace officer, resisting and disorderly conduct.Madison crime map
- Renewable energy conference focuses on working with agriculture
- Adams County officials hope public can ID burglars in surveillance video
- UWM instructor hopes students can push for change
- Fire crews ventilate parking garage fire in unique way
- UW-Madison athletics employee fired
- Mom, daughter face charges when 16 horses found with moldy hay, no water