MADISON, Wis. -
A second officer then used an electronic control device to subdue the man, according to the report.
During the fight, the suspect's girlfriend grabbed the second officer's belt multiple times. They were both arrested after the incident.
While the incident was happening the large surrounding crowd surged at the officers who were forced to use pepper spray to disperse the crowd.
Travis B. Heffel, 32 of Fitchburg, was arrested for battery to law enforcement officers and resisting. Amanda M. Havens, 22 of Madison, was arrested for attempting to disarm a peace officer, resisting and disorderly conduct.Madison crime map
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls