MADISON, Wis. -
A second officer then used an electronic control device to subdue the man, according to the report.
During the fight, the suspect's girlfriend grabbed the second officer's belt multiple times. They were both arrested after the incident.
While the incident was happening the large surrounding crowd surged at the officers who were forced to use pepper spray to disperse the crowd.
Travis B. Heffel, 32 of Fitchburg, was arrested for battery to law enforcement officers and resisting. Amanda M. Havens, 22 of Madison, was arrested for attempting to disarm a peace officer, resisting and disorderly conduct.Madison crime map
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says