MADISON, Wis. -
A second officer then used an electronic control device to subdue the man, according to the report.
During the fight, the suspect's girlfriend grabbed the second officer's belt multiple times. They were both arrested after the incident.
While the incident was happening the large surrounding crowd surged at the officers who were forced to use pepper spray to disperse the crowd.
Travis B. Heffel, 32 of Fitchburg, was arrested for battery to law enforcement officers and resisting. Amanda M. Havens, 22 of Madison, was arrested for attempting to disarm a peace officer, resisting and disorderly conduct.Madison crime map
- Neighborhood initiative aims to diminish crime on Madison's east side
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program
- East side Walgreens robbed at gunpoint Sunday