MADISON, Wis. - A Mount Horeb police officer arrested on suspicion of sexual assault of a child in Madison was released on a signature bond following his initial appearance in Dane County Court Friday.
Madison police said they arrested Dennis P. Jenks, 44, at his home in the 6600 block Raymond Road on Madison's far west side about 9 p.m. Wednesday.
Jenks is subject to bail monitoring and was ordered to have no contact with the victim.
The victim is a 14-year-old boy who knows the suspect, according to a Madison Police Department incident report.
No criminal complaint has been filed.
Prosecutors said Jenks reported concerns about the boy's age.
Jenks is on unpaid suspension, according to the Mount Horeb police chief.
Jenks is a lieutenant in the Mount Horeb Police Department, and he has been employed with the department since 2000.
The Mount Horeb Police Department said it is conducting an internal investigation.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry