MADISON, Wis. - A Mount Horeb police officer arrested on suspicion of sexual assault of a child in Madison was released on a signature bond following his initial appearance in Dane County Court Friday.
Madison police said they arrested Dennis P. Jenks, 44, at his home in the 6600 block Raymond Road on Madison's far west side about 9 p.m. Wednesday.
Jenks is subject to bail monitoring and was ordered to have no contact with the victim.
The victim is a 14-year-old boy who knows the suspect, according to a Madison Police Department incident report.
No criminal complaint has been filed.
Prosecutors said Jenks reported concerns about the boy's age.
Jenks is on unpaid suspension, according to the Mount Horeb police chief.
Jenks is a lieutenant in the Mount Horeb Police Department, and he has been employed with the department since 2000.
The Mount Horeb Police Department said it is conducting an internal investigation.
- UW study using video games to help smokers quit
- UW-Madison suspends fraternity for serving minors
- Papermaker agrees to complete Fox River cleanup
- Wine-and-tapas bar, gastropub open in Dane County airport
- Search of lake for human remains from plane crash ends
- Teenager 'going crazy with a knife' arrested