MADISON, Wis. - No one was injured after a Capitol police officer accidentally fired his weapon inside the security office at the Executive Residence Thursday night.
Department of Administration officials said the incident happened around 10:45 p.m. in the office, which is on the grounds of the residence but not inside the home.
Gov. Scott Walker and his family were not home at the time of the incident, according to the Department of Administration.
The investigation is complete and it was determined the weapon was accidentally discharged.
The officer was a new employee who was still serving an initial probationary period and has been terminated.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry