MILWAUKEE - Milwaukee police said an off-duty detective shot at a suspect who was burglarizing his house.
The detective arrived home on Milwaukee's south side Monday evening and found a side door to his house was open. The officer took cover and called for help. Police said a suspect looked out the front door and then retreated. A second suspect, armed with a handgun, looked out a side door.
The officer said when the second suspect raised a gun, he fired, but did not strike him.
Two suspects fled and remain at large. Police said a third suspect was found hiding in the basement.
The detective remains on duty.
- Shredfest helps protect more than 1,100 people's identities
- 'Life goes on': Production ends at Oscar Mayer plant
- Vehicles, building hit by bullets in Fitchburg
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed