MILWAUKEE - Milwaukee police said an off-duty detective shot at a suspect who was burglarizing his house.
The detective arrived home on Milwaukee's south side Monday evening and found a side door to his house was open. The officer took cover and called for help. Police said a suspect looked out the front door and then retreated. A second suspect, armed with a handgun, looked out a side door.
The officer said when the second suspect raised a gun, he fired, but did not strike him.
Two suspects fled and remain at large. Police said a third suspect was found hiding in the basement.
The detective remains on duty.
- Video captures man stuffing puppies into drain
- Baldwin, other senators seek assurances from Trump pick for EPA
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowski traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota