MILWAUKEE - Milwaukee police said an off-duty detective shot at a suspect who was burglarizing his house.
The detective arrived home on Milwaukee's south side Monday evening and found a side door to his house was open. The officer took cover and called for help. Police said a suspect looked out the front door and then retreated. A second suspect, armed with a handgun, looked out a side door.
The officer said when the second suspect raised a gun, he fired, but did not strike him.
Two suspects fled and remain at large. Police said a third suspect was found hiding in the basement.
The detective remains on duty.
- Review: MSO, APT craft annual 'Beyond the Score' concert
- Ryan meets in Janesville with police chiefs from across US
- Pickup truck, car fall through ice on 2 Dodge County lakes
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Driver of car going 107 mph suspected of drug use, deputies say