MILWAUKEE - Milwaukee police said an off-duty detective shot at a suspect who was burglarizing his house.
The detective arrived home on Milwaukee's south side Monday evening and found a side door to his house was open. The officer took cover and called for help. Police said a suspect looked out the front door and then retreated. A second suspect, armed with a handgun, looked out a side door.
The officer said when the second suspect raised a gun, he fired, but did not strike him.
Two suspects fled and remain at large. Police said a third suspect was found hiding in the basement.
The detective remains on duty.
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend