APPLETON, Wis. - President Barack Obama has signed a federal disaster declaration for parts of Wisconsin struck by severe storms, flooding and mudslides in late June.
The presidential declaration covers eight Wisconsin counties and one tribal reservation for storm damage that occurred from June 20 to 28. The declaration makes federal funds available to state and eligible local governments along with certain nonprofit organizations to reimburse emergency work and to repair or replace property damaged by the storms.
The declaration covers the counties of Ashland, Bayfield, Crawford, Grant, Iowa, Richland, St. Croix and Vernon along with the Red Cliff Band of Lake Superior Chippewa in Bayfield County.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire