Members of the Oak Creek Sikh (seek) temple were among the guests at a White House event honoring the founder of Sikhism.
The temple president and five relatives of the dead and injured visited Washington on Tuesday. First lady Mitchell Obama offered consoling words and hugged family members, just as she did in Oak Creek following the August massacre.
Rajwant Singh chairs the Sikh Council on Religion and Education. He also attended and thanked Obama for her support of the Sikh community.
A white supremacist killed six Sikh worshippers at the temple and injured four other people before taking his own life.
Among those killed was the former temple president. His son couldn't go to Washington because he's preparing to take his father's ashes to India next week.
- Garrison Keillor coming to Breese Stevens Field
- Gun pointed at driver during road rage incident, deputies say
- Wisconsin family rescued from wave that throws them into tide pool
- New Zealand: Janesville doctor must pay for deadly crash
- Police: Crash leads to 4th OWI arrest
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street