New York Cardinal Timothy Dolan has been deposed about clergy sex abuse in his former Archdiocese of Milwaukee.
A church attorney says Dolan's deposition took place Wednesday, days ahead of his departure for Rome and the conclave that will elect the next pope.
Dolan led Milwaukee's Roman Catholics from 2002 to 2009. Church attorney Frank LoCoco says Dolan answered questions about his decision to publicize names of clergy members accused of molesting children in cases mostly decades old.
An independent network of abuse victims and their supporters called the Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests says it will press to make the transcript of Dolan's testimony public.
The deposition is part of a bankruptcy case filed in 2011 by Dolan's Wisconsin successor over abuse claims by nearly 500 people.
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan