New York Cardinal Timothy Dolan has been deposed about clergy sex abuse in his former Archdiocese of Milwaukee.
A church attorney says Dolan's deposition took place Wednesday, days ahead of his departure for Rome and the conclave that will elect the next pope.
Dolan led Milwaukee's Roman Catholics from 2002 to 2009. Church attorney Frank LoCoco says Dolan answered questions about his decision to publicize names of clergy members accused of molesting children in cases mostly decades old.
An independent network of abuse victims and their supporters called the Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests says it will press to make the transcript of Dolan's testimony public.
The deposition is part of a bankruptcy case filed in 2011 by Dolan's Wisconsin successor over abuse claims by nearly 500 people.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say