MADISON, Wis. - Since News3 aired an investigation into a bankrupt hot air balloon company Wednesday night, more customers have come forward to say they have been scammed, too.
A Madison man compiled a list of dozens of southern Wisconsin residents who have allegedly been victimized by the Great American Balloon Company.
The list is of four pages' worth of names, and the man who put it together said he gets one to two emails about it every month since he first posted online a call for others who wanted to fly with the company but had their tickets canceled time and again.
The balloon company has filed for bankruptcy, and the trustee hired is in Illinois. Its workers are sending customers forms to fill out to potentially get a refund.
The person answering the company's phone Thursday said he was a temp worker who was to read a script to anyone calling that said the company assets were being liquidated.
There are a lot of people in the area impacted by the company shutting down.Number of people impacted by balloon company bankruptcy increases
- Multiple reports of gunshots heard in Madison Sunday night
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game