MADISON, Wis. - A property developer announced Wednesday plans to open a Nordstrom Rack in the retail center behind West Towne Mall, according to a release.
The approximately 30,750-square-foot store is scheduled to open in fall 2014 in the location that previously housed a Gander Mountain Outlet store, according to the release.
Nordstrom Rack is an off-price retail store that offers customers a wide selection of apparel, accessories and shoes at savings of 30-70 percent off regular prices, officials said. The Rack carries merchandise from Nordstrom stores and Nordstrom.com and specifically-purchased items from many of the top brands sold at Nordstrom.
"We're excited to have the opportunity to bring a Nordstrom Rack to Madison with our new location across from West Towne Mall," Nordstrom Rack President Geevy Thomas said in the release. "We've been looking for ways to better serve our customers living in Wisconsin. We felt this was a chance to be a part of a compelling retail location and we look forward to opening our doors this fall."
The new store will move into West Towne Crossing off Highway12/14 at Gammon Road, according to the release. Nordstrom Rack will join other retailers in the area including Ulta, Best Buy, Metcalfe's and Kohl's.
- Complaint: 14-year-old's father finds sexual assault suspect in closet
- Attempt to drill into SUV gas tank ignites fuel, MFD says
- New Glarus man stopped for expired vehicle registration faces 6th OWI
- Man robbed at gunpoint in parking lot, police say
- Bicyclist injured in collision with Buick, fire officials say
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing