BAY CITY, Wis. - Federal and local authorities are investigating a rough landing at the Red Wing Regional Airport.
The Pierce County Sheriff's Department said the landing gear failed just after 9:30 p.m. Friday as the pilot tried to land the single-engine plane at the airport, which is in western Wisconsin, just across the Mississippi River from Red Wing, Minn.
The department said in a news release that the plane skidded down the runway before coming to a stop in the middle of the runway.
The pilot was identified as 30-year-old Steven Hiltner of Rosemount, Minn., while the passenger was Corey Stever, of St. Paul, Minn. Both men escaped injury.
The Federal Aviation Administration and the Pierce County Sheriff's Department are investigating.
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- Find of device that looked like military mortar causes scare
- Lawyers for man charged in killing accuse victim's boyfriend