PORTAGE, Wis. - The Columbia County Emergency Management Office said a slow, no-wake zone was established Friday on the Fox River from the Highway 33 bridge over the Fox River by Portage north to the Marquette County Line.
Emergency Management Director Patrick Beghin said the order will remain in effect until further notice. He said the no-wake zone is meant to protect property impacted by the current flood conditions.
Beghin also said no-wake order is posted on Swan Lake in Columbia County through the weekend.
The emergency management office said a previously ordered no-wake protection on Crystal Lake is expected to remain in place for the summer or until water levels drop significantly.
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says