PORTAGE, Wis. - The Columbia County Emergency Management Office said a slow, no-wake zone was established Friday on the Fox River from the Highway 33 bridge over the Fox River by Portage north to the Marquette County Line.
Emergency Management Director Patrick Beghin said the order will remain in effect until further notice. He said the no-wake zone is meant to protect property impacted by the current flood conditions.
Beghin also said no-wake order is posted on Swan Lake in Columbia County through the weekend.
The emergency management office said a previously ordered no-wake protection on Crystal Lake is expected to remain in place for the summer or until water levels drop significantly.
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say
- GOP Legislature calls redistricting ruling 'dangerous'
- Crazylegs run/walk to close many downtown streets Saturday