MILTON, Wis. - There's no evidence arson is the cause of a fire at a Milton restaurant Wednesday night, according to Milton police.
After what police describe as a lengthy investigation, they said the fire might have started in the ceiling over the bar at Buckaroos' BBQ at 231 Front St.
The state Division of Criminal Investigation and federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives assisted in the investigation.
The restaurant suffered significant damage. When officers arrived, they saw flames inside coming from the bar area of the building on the northwest side, according to police.
Firefighters from Janesville, Edgerton and Fort Atkinson joined Milton firefighters in putting out the fire.
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says