MILTON, Wis. - There's no evidence arson is the cause of a fire at a Milton restaurant Wednesday night, according to Milton police.
After what police describe as a lengthy investigation, they said the fire might have started in the ceiling over the bar at Buckaroos' BBQ at 231 Front St.
The state Division of Criminal Investigation and federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives assisted in the investigation.
The restaurant suffered significant damage. When officers arrived, they saw flames inside coming from the bar area of the building on the northwest side, according to police.
Firefighters from Janesville, Edgerton and Fort Atkinson joined Milton firefighters in putting out the fire.
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs