MILTON, Wis. - There's no evidence arson is the cause of a fire at a Milton restaurant Wednesday night, according to Milton police.
After what police describe as a lengthy investigation, they said the fire might have started in the ceiling over the bar at Buckaroos' BBQ at 231 Front St.
The state Division of Criminal Investigation and federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives assisted in the investigation.
The restaurant suffered significant damage. When officers arrived, they saw flames inside coming from the bar area of the building on the northwest side, according to police.
Firefighters from Janesville, Edgerton and Fort Atkinson joined Milton firefighters in putting out the fire.
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- Find of device that looked like military mortar causes scare
- Lawyers for man charged in killing accuse victim's boyfriend
- 3 hospitalized, displaced in near west side fire