BELOIT, Wis. - No one was injured in a fire that destroyed a house Tuesday night in Beloit, officials said.
Crews were dispatched to 2169 Staborn Drive in Beloit for reports of a residential structure fire around 8:15 p.m. Tuesday, according to a release.
Firefighters arriving on the scene could see heavy fire and smoke, officials said. All occupants of the home had gotten out of the home and did not report any injuries.
A box alarm was requested from South Beloit, Rockton, Janesville, Turtle, Harlem and Roscoe due to the heavy smoke and the extreme cold temperatures, according to the release.
The fire started in fireplace in a three-season room at the back of the house, investigators said.
Officials estimate damage costs to be $85,400 for the structure and $25,000 for the items inside the home.
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes