TOWN OF SPRINGFIELD, Wis. - A home in the town of Springfield suffered moderate damage late Wednesday after a fire started inside the attached garage of the home.
Firefighters from Middleton, Waunakee and Cross Plains responded to the fire in the 7000 block of Schneider Road just before 10 p.m. Wednesday.
According to the Dane County Sheriff's Department, a resident was working on a fuel pump on a car in the garage when the fire started.
The garage is considered a total loss, as is the car that was being worked on at the time. Two other cars parked outside were also damaged, and there is a smoke damage throughout the house. No one was injured.
- Groups call for tax changes to free up $900M
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Judge properly moved teen into adult system to protect him
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Hundreds of thousands of candies blanket Dodge County road, sheriff says
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer