TOWN OF SPRINGFIELD, Wis. - A home in the town of Springfield suffered moderate damage late Wednesday after a fire started inside the attached garage of the home.
Firefighters from Middleton, Waunakee and Cross Plains responded to the fire in the 7000 block of Schneider Road just before 10 p.m. Wednesday.
According to the Dane County Sheriff's Department, a resident was working on a fuel pump on a car in the garage when the fire started.
The garage is considered a total loss, as is the car that was being worked on at the time. Two other cars parked outside were also damaged, and there is a smoke damage throughout the house. No one was injured.
- Garrison Keillor coming to Breese Stevens Field
- Gun pointed at driver during road rage incident, deputies say
- Wisconsin family rescued from wave that throws them into tide pool
- New Zealand: Janesville doctor must pay for deadly crash
- Police: Crash leads to 4th OWI arrest
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street