TOWN OF SPRINGFIELD, Wis. - A home in the town of Springfield suffered moderate damage late Wednesday after a fire started inside the attached garage of the home.
Firefighters from Middleton, Waunakee and Cross Plains responded to the fire in the 7000 block of Schneider Road just before 10 p.m. Wednesday.
According to the Dane County Sheriff's Department, a resident was working on a fuel pump on a car in the garage when the fire started.
The garage is considered a total loss, as is the car that was being worked on at the time. Two other cars parked outside were also damaged, and there is a smoke damage throughout the house. No one was injured.
- Lack of sand for roads prompts Wisconsin Dells school closure, official says
- Mother, missing children could be in Black Hills
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash injures 3
- Man arrested on suspicion of 4th OWI
- Former president George H.W. Bush hospitalized
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later