MADISON, Wis. - Badger fans looking for a trash can will find only recycling and compost cans at Camp Randall Stadium starting with this weekend's home opener.
A UW release states that Camp Randall is now a "zero-waste" stadium, meaning that waste is recycled or composted rather than sent to the landfill.
All items sold at concession stands can be composted or recycled, according to the release. All food waste from the concession stands will also be composted.
Blue recycling bins are for plastic cups and bottles only. Yellow composting bins are for all paper products and food waste. Volunteers will be in the stadium Saturday to answer questions.
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend