MADISON, Wis. - Badger fans looking for a trash can will find only recycling and compost cans at Camp Randall Stadium starting with this weekend's home opener.
A UW release states that Camp Randall is now a "zero-waste" stadium, meaning that waste is recycled or composted rather than sent to the landfill.
All items sold at concession stands can be composted or recycled, according to the release. All food waste from the concession stands will also be composted.
Blue recycling bins are for plastic cups and bottles only. Yellow composting bins are for all paper products and food waste. Volunteers will be in the stadium Saturday to answer questions.
- Shredfest helps protect more than 1,100 people's identities
- 'Life goes on': Production ends at Oscar Mayer plant
- Vehicles, building hit by bullets in Fitchburg
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed