BELOIT, Wis. - Firefighters responding to a call at a Beloit senior living home arrived to find the fire had been extinguished and no injuries had occurred.
According to a Beloit Fire Department statement, the fire was contained to a single third-floor apartment within the senior living complex at 431 Olympian Blvd. Sprinklers were activated by the fire, and only some residents were evacuated.
The statement estimated the structural damage from the fire to be around $25,000. The cause is still under investigation.
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend
- Madison police have video of road rage incident involving a car and bike
- Robbery suspect arrested after stealing purse containing $1