BELOIT, Wis. - Firefighters responding to a call at a Beloit senior living home arrived to find the fire had been extinguished and no injuries had occurred.
According to a Beloit Fire Department statement, the fire was contained to a single third-floor apartment within the senior living complex at 431 Olympian Blvd. Sprinklers were activated by the fire, and only some residents were evacuated.
The statement estimated the structural damage from the fire to be around $25,000. The cause is still under investigation.
- Sheriff: Man driving 30 mph over speed limit was drunk
- Stoughton woman faces 5th OWI charge
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands
- Town of Janesville man faces 6th OWI
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000