MADISON, Wis. - The upcoming Labor Day holiday means a change in garbage and recycling collection times, according to a release.
There will be no garbage and recycling collection in the city of Madison Monday due to the holiday, officials said.
Residents whose normal collection day is Monday will have their material collected on Tuesday, along with those whose collection day is normally Tuesday, according to the release.
City officials said it is important that residents have their garbage and recycling out by 7 a.m. on Tuesday because crews will be collecting double the amount of material.
The Streets Division's large item service may also run a day late due to the holiday, according to the release. The city's yard waste drop-off sites will be closed Monday.
- Appeal rejected in death of 2 Janesville motorcyclists
- Man accused in deadly wrong-way I-94 wreck not competent, judge says
- Woman inappropriately touched at dance class on UW campus, police say
- Black Hawk Middle School principal resigns
- Man who was high driving school bus sentenced
- Company says it has no plans for a new Wisconsin pipeline