MADISON, Wis. - The upcoming Labor Day holiday means a change in garbage and recycling collection times, according to a release.
There will be no garbage and recycling collection in the city of Madison Monday due to the holiday, officials said.
Residents whose normal collection day is Monday will have their material collected on Tuesday, along with those whose collection day is normally Tuesday, according to the release.
City officials said it is important that residents have their garbage and recycling out by 7 a.m. on Tuesday because crews will be collecting double the amount of material.
The Streets Division's large item service may also run a day late due to the holiday, according to the release. The city's yard waste drop-off sites will be closed Monday.
- Majority of Superior shipyard workers test positive for lead
- Law enforcement warns of dangerous, ice-covered roads
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out