TOWN OF BRISTOL, Wis. - Authorities said the occupants in a van made to look like a red-nosed reindeer didn't intend to entice a child in an incident Tuesday afternoon.
The Dane County Sheriff's Department said officers located the occupants of a red van that had stuffed-animal-type deer antlers above the driver and passenger doors and a red nose attached to the front of the hood that was seen on Tartan Trail in Bristol at about 4 p.m.
An 8-year-boy told police he was outside playing when the individuals in the van motioned for the boy to come to them, according to the report. The boy didn't go to the van and instead went inside.
The sheriff's office said a detective and Sun Prairie police stopped the van Thursday morning. The driver told the officers he was in the Tartan Trail area around the time of the reported incident.
However, the sheriff's office said the driver was cooperative and "detectives are confident there was no crime intended."
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Stoughton man faces felony 7th OWI
- Highway 151 closed near Blue Mounds due to semi vs. car crash
- Police, medical examiner respond to suspicious death
- Construction continues on Capitol Square; new traffic pattern starts May 1