TOWN OF BRISTOL, Wis. - Authorities said the occupants in a van made to look like a red-nosed reindeer didn't intend to entice a child in an incident Tuesday afternoon.
The Dane County Sheriff's Department said officers located the occupants of a red van that had stuffed-animal-type deer antlers above the driver and passenger doors and a red nose attached to the front of the hood that was seen on Tartan Trail in Bristol at about 4 p.m.
An 8-year-boy told police he was outside playing when the individuals in the van motioned for the boy to come to them, according to the report. The boy didn't go to the van and instead went inside.
The sheriff's office said a detective and Sun Prairie police stopped the van Thursday morning. The driver told the officers he was in the Tartan Trail area around the time of the reported incident.
However, the sheriff's office said the driver was cooperative and "detectives are confident there was no crime intended."
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire