Jordan Morgan scored on a layup with 7.9 seconds left, giving No. 8 Michigan a 64-63 victory over Illinois in Friday's Big Ten tournament.
The Illini had a chance to win on Tracy Abrams' shot, but it bounced off the front of the rim as the final buzzer sounded.
Michigan (24-7), the regular season champion, advances to Saturday's semifinals with its seventh straight win. It will face either fourth-seeded Nebraska or fifth-seeded Ohio State -- two teams it has not lost to this season. The Buckeyes and Cornhuskers play later Friday.
Conference player of the year Nik Stauskas scored 19 points to lead Michigan.
Illinois (19-14) was led by Abrams and Rayvonte Rice with 11 points each.
After leading most of the game, Michigan gave away the lead with 2:30 to go. But Morgan bailed out the Wolverines with his post move to win it.
- Man charged in fatal shooting of sheriff's deputy
- PD: Man hit in head, robbed during believed stereo equipment sale
- Wisconsin farmers could be affected by late cabinet pick
- Judge denies motions to dismiss 4 charges against Alec Cook
- MFD: 1 suffers minor injury in rollover crash on John Nolen Drive
- Woman accused of stabbing acquaintance turns herself in to police