MADISON, Wisc. - In early January, downtown Madison was abuzz with a giant Amazon box. In fact, it seemed as if the whole Internet wanted to know what was inside.
News 3 did some digging and discovered it was for a Nissan commercial, but now we've seen it for sure.
Nissan USA released the new ad this week, showing a man ordering a Nissan Versa Note online. We see a giant Amazon box driving to Madison and delivering it to his door.
Lizzie Dewhurst, the communications manager from Worldwide PR and Communications, responded to us in an email: "When people shopped their Versa Note through Amazon.com, not only did they get a personalized concierge service to make their purchase a breeze through their chosen dealership, but Nissan also gave them a $1,000 gift certificate to buy more of the stuff they love from Amazon."
According to AdWeek, Nissan chose the Madison customer because of his energy. "Quite frankly, it was the enthusiasm of this winner - they were so thrilled and thought it was hilarious," said Erich Marx, Nissan's director of interactive and social-media marketing, to AdWeek.
At least 100 others ordered a Nissan through Amazon and received a $1,000 gift card, but the Madison winner was the only one who got a personal delivery. As far as Amazon getting into the car delivery service, Nissan spokespeople say it was simply a one-time stunt. Dealerships will still be the primary place to buy and sell Nissans.
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says