MADISON, Wis. - The next quarterly deadline to register phone numbers on the state's no call list is Saturday.
To limit telemarketing calls the Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection offers the free no call service, according to a release. The list covers residential land and cellphone lines.
Consumers must register every two years to remain active on the list, officials said.
To add a residential landline or cellphone to the list go online or call 1-866-966-2255. The website and toll-free number are available all day, every day.
The list is updated four times per calendar year on Jan. 1, April 1, July 1 and Oct.1, according to the release. The registration process is continuous, but those who sign up after the upcoming Nov. 30 deadline will not be added to the list until April 1.
Political calls, calls from nonprofit organizations and calls made in response to written or verbal request or permission are not covered by the No Call law, officials said.
Additional information can be found online.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire