MADISON, Wis. - The next major interchange to go under construction along the Beltline is as Seminole Highway.
Nighttime lane closures start Monday for bridge work at the Seminole Highway overpass and officials will completely shut down that bridge later this summer.
The work will begin as other construction winds down just to the east in coming months, at Fish Hatchery Road and the Beltline.
"The DOT has listened to us, listened to citizens and said 'we need to phase this in,' because if you crush this all at once, you can just imagine," said Shawn Pfaff, Fitchburg mayor.
In a couple weeks, the eastbound Beltline ramp off Seminole Highway will close along with the westbound frontage road, from Todd Drive over to Seminole Highway.
Officials suggest commuters take note of the closures and make necessary adjustments.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls