MADISON, Wis. - News 3 has won six Edward R. Murrow awards from the Radio Television Digital News Association, including an award for overall excellence.
Murrow awards will be presented to News 3 for:
- Continuing Coverage - Wisconsin Governor Recall Race
- News Series - "Panhandling Payoff"
- Use of Sound or Video - News 3 photographer Jeremy Nichols
- Writing - Former News 3 reporter Andy Choi
- Website - Channel3000.com
According to the RTDNA, award recipients demonstrate the spirit of excellence that Edward R. Murrow set as a standard for the profession of electronic journalism.
News 3 competed with television stations in Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin for the awards. The awards were announced Thursday.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry