MADISON, Wis. - News 3 has won six Edward R. Murrow awards from the Radio Television Digital News Association, including an award for overall excellence.
Murrow awards will be presented to News 3 for:
- Continuing Coverage - Wisconsin Governor Recall Race
- News Series - "Panhandling Payoff"
- Use of Sound or Video - News 3 photographer Jeremy Nichols
- Writing - Former News 3 reporter Andy Choi
- Website - Channel3000.com
According to the RTDNA, award recipients demonstrate the spirit of excellence that Edward R. Murrow set as a standard for the profession of electronic journalism.
News 3 competed with television stations in Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin for the awards. The awards were announced Thursday.
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says