MADISON, Wis. - The new Goodman Soccer Pitch is being called a jewel for local soccer clubs to get out and play on.
The soccer pitch and UW Health Sports Medicine Pavilion is in Reddan Park on Cross Country Road in Verona.
It has a 99,000-square foot synthetic turf championship field and the pavilion can treat and care for players.
Organizers have spent the last few years making this a reality by partnering with the local youth soccer association and UW Health.
"This type of field has been coveted by quite a few clubs and parks across the country. It's been raising the money, figuring out how to design it, and then getting it built. So it's been a labor of love," said Chris Lay with the Madison Area Youth Soccer Association.
Organizers said the field will get a lot of use, especially since the synthetic turf is durable and can be used in all weather.
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend
- Madison police have video of road rage incident involving a car and bike