MADISON, Wis. - The Block 100 Foundation and Food Fight Restaurant Group announced an agreement for a new restaurant at the corner of North Fairchild and West Mifflin streets, according to a release.
The restaurant will occupy the first floor of two renovated buildings across from the Overture Center and Central Library, and is set to open in the spring of 2014.
The space will be in the Stark Building at 120 West Mifflin Street and the Schubert Building at 122 West Mifflin Street and will anchor the important corner of the Block 100 Project, the release said.
"This is a tremendous first step for the project," said George Austin, project manager for the Block 100 Foundation, in the release. "We're very excited to partner with the locally owned Food Fight Restaurant Group in an exciting new restaurant. It sets a strong positive tone for the balance of the project."
The name and concept of the new restaurant is not being announced yet but Food Fight's Monty Schiro said "the new restaurant will be unlike anything currently in Madison; classic and contemporary at the same time. We have put together a great team to lead this project, and we have traveled the world for inspiration."
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart