MADISON, Wis. - The Block 100 Foundation and Food Fight Restaurant Group announced an agreement for a new restaurant at the corner of North Fairchild and West Mifflin streets, according to a release.
The restaurant will occupy the first floor of two renovated buildings across from the Overture Center and Central Library, and is set to open in the spring of 2014.
The space will be in the Stark Building at 120 West Mifflin Street and the Schubert Building at 122 West Mifflin Street and will anchor the important corner of the Block 100 Project, the release said.
"This is a tremendous first step for the project," said George Austin, project manager for the Block 100 Foundation, in the release. "We're very excited to partner with the locally owned Food Fight Restaurant Group in an exciting new restaurant. It sets a strong positive tone for the balance of the project."
The name and concept of the new restaurant is not being announced yet but Food Fight's Monty Schiro said "the new restaurant will be unlike anything currently in Madison; classic and contemporary at the same time. We have put together a great team to lead this project, and we have traveled the world for inspiration."
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend
- Madison police have video of road rage incident involving a car and bike
- Robbery suspect arrested after stealing purse containing $1