MADISON, Wis. - The next round of Wisconsin hunting, fishing and trapping licenses will go on sale this week.
The current license year ends on the last day of March. Licenses valid from April 1 through March 31, 2014, will go on sale Wednesday.
State Department of Natural Resources officials are urging people to purchase a conservation patron license, which gives the holder all the basic fishing and hunting privileges as well as state park and trail access. The licenses cost $165 for Wisconsin adults and $75 for children. Junior patron licenses don't include park and trail access, however.
People can purchase licenses through the DNR website, agency service centers and DNR service centers.
- Milwaukee coroner: Skull found on vacant land is decades old
- Kenosha man faces re-trial in 1990 murder of woman, 18
- More than 100 people to lose jobs when distributor closes in Watertown
- Real-looking starter pistol held to man's head in planned robbery, police say
- PD: Suspected drunken driver goes for officer's gun, injures 2 officers
- Deputies: Couple caught stealing coats may be connected to other thefts