MADISON, Wis. - The next round of Wisconsin hunting, fishing and trapping licenses will go on sale this week.
The current license year ends on the last day of March. Licenses valid from April 1 through March 31, 2014, will go on sale Wednesday.
State Department of Natural Resources officials are urging people to purchase a conservation patron license, which gives the holder all the basic fishing and hunting privileges as well as state park and trail access. The licenses cost $165 for Wisconsin adults and $75 for children. Junior patron licenses don't include park and trail access, however.
People can purchase licenses through the DNR website, agency service centers and DNR service centers.
- Pedestrian killed in Walworth County crash
- Thousands participate in Madison March for Science
- Friends, family send off 85 National Guard members
- Body pulled out of Kinnickinnic River in Milwaukee
- Signs go up in Racine marking Frank Lloyd Wright Trail
- DNR: Alcohol may be involved in Lake Wisconsin boat crash