MADISON, Wis. - Incoming Madison Metropolitan School District Superintendent Jennifer Cheatham plans to visit schools and neighborhoods and hear broadly from students, teachers, staff, principals, parents and community members in her first weeks on the job.
Cheatham will start on April 1 and Tuesday released plans for her first 90 days.
"It is a tremendous honor to lead the Madison Metropolitan School District and commit myself to ensuring that every school is a thriving school that prepares every student for college and career," Cheatham said in a news release. "I want to begin my work by listening and learning about the district's strengths, challenges and opportunities for improvement."
Cheatham's entry plan includes meeting with students, parents, teachers, staff, principals and community members, as well as gathering and analyzing school and district data.
Cheatham's full entry plan is available at www.madison.k12.wi.us/superintendent-entry-plan.
- UW-Madison chosen by U.S DOT to test automated vehicles
- Janesville robotics team among top 10 in global competition, moves to final round
- EPA grant freeze could ‘pull rug out from under' UW-Madison research
- Man on trial for deadly shooting says he was fearful for his life
- Suspected serial thief steals again, police say
- State manufacturing tax credit continues to grow