MADISON, Wis. - Jen Cheatham, who started Monday as Madison's new school superintendent, said she was planning to visit each of the district's schools by the end of May.
The visits will include community meetings at each of the district's high schools, allowing parents and community members to share what's working and what needs to improve in the district, Cheatham said.
Each of the meetings will be at 6:30 p.m. at the following locations:
April 18: East High School
May 9: West High School
May 16: Memorial High School
May 30: La Follette High School
Stay with WISC-TV and Channel3000.com for more on Cheatham's first day and her plans for the district.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say