MADISON, Wis. - Gov. Scott Walker says the new $500,000 "In Wisconsin" ad campaign to be run in Wisconsin, Illinois and the Twin Cities is designed to help create private sector jobs in the state.
Walker and officials with the Wisconsin Economic Development Corp. on Wednesday unveiled the new brand, which features an image of the state with the word "in" inside of it. The logo is modified for each of five companies selected to highlight the campaign.
The ad campaign starts next week and will run at least through December.
Launching of the new marketing campaign comes at the same time that the head of WEDC is leaving the agency and the federal government is ordering new steps be taken to ensure economic development grants are properly awarded.
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Suspect in custody in Middleton homicide
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two
- Two seriously injured in pickup vs. semi crash