MADISON, Wis. - Dane County Habitat for Humanity will pilot a new housing program next year aimed at low cost exterior renovations.
The program dubbed A Brush with Kindness," will include volunteer services such as painting, weatherizing, landscaping and minor repairs to low income homes, according to a release from the organization.
In order for residents to qualify for the renovations, they must meet income requirements and demonstrate an ability to repay the cost of materials through a no interest loan.
The program is a part of several new programs HHDC has planned in a new three year strategic plan, according to the release.
Other strategic plans include a land banking campaign and a modified rent-to-own plan for low-income families.
- Girl awarded for homeless birthday program
- Woman jumps from balcony to escape fire
- Video captures man stuffing puppies into drain
- Baldwin, other senators seek assurances from Trump pick for EPA
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison