MADISON, Wis. - Dane County Habitat for Humanity will pilot a new housing program next year aimed at low cost exterior renovations.
The program dubbed A Brush with Kindness," will include volunteer services such as painting, weatherizing, landscaping and minor repairs to low income homes, according to a release from the organization.
In order for residents to qualify for the renovations, they must meet income requirements and demonstrate an ability to repay the cost of materials through a no interest loan.
The program is a part of several new programs HHDC has planned in a new three year strategic plan, according to the release.
Other strategic plans include a land banking campaign and a modified rent-to-own plan for low-income families.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire