MADISON, Wis. - Dane County Habitat for Humanity will pilot a new housing program next year aimed at low cost exterior renovations.
The program dubbed A Brush with Kindness," will include volunteer services such as painting, weatherizing, landscaping and minor repairs to low income homes, according to a release from the organization.
In order for residents to qualify for the renovations, they must meet income requirements and demonstrate an ability to repay the cost of materials through a no interest loan.
The program is a part of several new programs HHDC has planned in a new three year strategic plan, according to the release.
Other strategic plans include a land banking campaign and a modified rent-to-own plan for low-income families.
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend
- Madison police have video of road rage incident involving a car and bike