MADISON, Wis. - Dane County Habitat for Humanity will pilot a new housing program next year aimed at low cost exterior renovations.
The program dubbed A Brush with Kindness," will include volunteer services such as painting, weatherizing, landscaping and minor repairs to low income homes, according to a release from the organization.
In order for residents to qualify for the renovations, they must meet income requirements and demonstrate an ability to repay the cost of materials through a no interest loan.
The program is a part of several new programs HHDC has planned in a new three year strategic plan, according to the release.
Other strategic plans include a land banking campaign and a modified rent-to-own plan for low-income families.
- Garrison Keillor coming to Breese Stevens Field
- Gun pointed at driver during road rage incident, deputies say
- Wisconsin family rescued from wave that throws them into tide pool
- New Zealand: Janesville doctor must pay for deadly crash
- Police: Crash leads to fourth OWI arrest
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street